We are happy to report that earlier today, Governor Inslee signed WBG priority bill HB 2412 into law! HB 2412 will go into effect 90 days from today.
• Eliminates keg registration stickers/forms requirement for breweries
• Directs the Department of Health to adopt rules allowing owners to allow dogs brewery premises
• Increases the amount of additional retail licenses a brewery can hold from two to four
You’ll recall, Governor Inslee signed our other guild priority bill, SB 5006, bill last Friday.
• Creates an annual $200 endorsement for breweries that allows breweries to serve limited WA wine for on-premise consumption
• Creates an annual $200 endorsement for wineries that allows wineries to serve limited WA beer for on-premise consumption
• Holding this endorsement does not limit your ability to have minors on-premise or require the addition of food service
We will continue to provide information about these new laws as we get closer to the effective dates. Cheers to some good news, when we can really use it!
SBA Assistance for Breweries During the COVID-19 Crisis: What’s Available
This morning, the Brewers Association hosted a webinar during which James Kim, with McDermott Will & Emery, covered the major small business provisions in the CARES Act and what they mean for your brewery.
• The 7(a) Paycheck Protection Program – providing loans of up to $10 million to small businesses impacted by the crisis
• Loan forgiveness provisions to help small businesses with expenses related to payroll, mortgage/rent and utilities
• Eligibility requirements and other details to help guide your decision-making
The powerpoint and recording can be found here.
This information is provided by the Washington Brewers Guild.